We are delighted to announce we have become an accredited centre to deliver the ASDAN CVQ: Visit our website www.discovercvq.org for full details:
What is CVQ?
The Community Volunteering Qualifications are a nationally accredited qualification through ASDAN. They are a great way to boost your CV, earn recognition for your volunteering and make a difference to your local community.
• are for anyone aged 14 + who chooses to give their time for the benefit of the community
• are portfolio based and externally moderated by the Discover Volunteering team
• are designed to reward volunteering with a national qualification
• are ideal for those who have completed or are working towards GCSEs, A Levels, NVQs, Sports Leaders Awards, Duke of Edinburgh’s Award or Degree Level Studies
• are perfect for a range of settings:
- Schools, Academies and Colleges
- Youth and Community Groups
- National Citizen Service
- Clubs and Societies
- Business Volunteering Days
Why Choose CVQ?
• Encourages candidates to take responsibility for their own learning
• National accreditation for the candidates volunteering experience
• Is relevant for a wide range of settings including individuals, schools, colleges and youth groups
• Promotes good practice in volunteering
• Helps volunteers develop generic transferable skills
• Supports progression opportunities for volunteers
• Suited to all abilities and time frames
• It’s great fun and gives the volunteer a sense of personal achievement